- Oct 1929
- Nonprescription Drug Laboratory was established by Toyama Prefecture Nonprescription Drug Trade Association (Sengoku-machi, Toyama City).
- Apr 1932
- The laboratory was transferred to the prefectural government, and renamed as Toyama Prefectural Nonprescription Drug Laboratory.
- Sep 1935
- The laboratory was moved to within the prefectural office building (1 Shin-Sougawa, Toyama City).
- Apr 1944
- Renamed as Toyama Prefectural Institute for Pharmaceutical Industry Service.
- Nov 1947
- Renamed as Toyama Prefectural Pharmaceutical Division Laboratory.
- Aug 1952
- Renamed as Toyama Institute for Pharmaceutical Research when its new building was constructed (1-4 Chitose-machi, Toyama City).
- Oct 1985
- The Institute was relocated at the building newly constructed (Prior location: 17-1 Nakataikoyama, Kosugi-machi, Imizu-gun) Reorganized into 4 departments of General Affairs Department, Pharmacological Research Department, Biotechnology and Japanese/Chinese Medicine Research Department, and Pharmaceutical Testing Department.
- Mar 2015
- Opening of Pharmaceutical Development and New Drug Research Support Laboratory.
- Apr 2016
- Establishment of Cooperative research base of National Institute of Health Sciences.
- Apr 2018
- Renamed as Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and reorganized into 3 centers of Research Center for Drug Development and Quality Control, Center for Innovation in Pharmaceutical Development and Drug Delivery, and Medicinal Plants Center.
- May 2018
- Opening of Research Center for Drug Development and Quality Control.
- Apr 2019
- Establishment of Research Cooperation Department.
Opening of new Training facilities in Medicinal Plants Center.
The Institute for Pharmaceutical Research attempts to ensure the quality, efficacy, and safety of drugs and other medical products through research and development, tests, and technology guidance relating to pharmaceutical affairs. And it is contributing to the promotion of pharmaceutical industry in Toyama Prefecture and to the maintenance and improvement of the health of resident.
- Toyama Prefectural Institute for Pharmaceutical ResearchiPDFj
- Research Center for Drug Development and Quality ControliPDFj
- Center for Innovation in Pharmaceutical Development and Drug DeliveryiPDFj
- Medicinal Plants CenteriPDFj¦Japanese version only
@@@@@Toyama Prefectural Institute for Pharmaceutical Research
@@@@@@17-1 Nakataikoyama, Imizu, Toyama 939-0363